What is eyelash extension?Eyelash extensions have become a beloved beauty secret to women of all ages. It enhances the natural look of the eye, bringing youth and radiance to ones appearance.
Eyelash extensions are strands of hairs individually adhered with a special medical grade adhesive to your own lash that add thickness, fullness and length to natural eyelashes. They are applied to your natural lashes with a 1 mm away from your skin and are never in direct contact with your skin.
The procedure usually takes about 60 to 90 minutes.
What I should know before the appointment?- Do not wear eye makeup around the eyes area such as eye liner and mascara.
- Do not apply face creams or sunblock in the eye area. The oil found in many moisturizers prevents eyelash adhesive from bonding to the natural eyelash and reduces the longevity of your eyelash extensions.
- Do not curl your lashes before your appointment. Extensions will not adhere to crimped eyelashes.
- Please silence your phone while the extensions are being applied. Talking in the treatment room is prohibited as the lash application requires precision.
Will my natural lashes fall off?No, as long as you refrain from rubbing your eyes or tugging at the extensions you will not lose your own lashes.
How long do the eyelash extension last?It usually last for 2-5 weeks depending on a number of factors such as aftercare, hair quality, weather, etc.
Does it hurt?No, eyelash extensions are painless. Most clients feel comfortable enough to fall asleep during the procedure.
What can I do to make my extensions last longer?Do not get the extensions wet for the first 24 hours after your appointment, keep out of any steam rooms/saunas/swimming pools as it will give the adhesive sufficient time to bond to your natural lash. Avoid vigorous rubbing of the eyes or tugging at your lashes. Do not use oil-based makeup or makeup removers.
When do I have to get them retouched?We recommend clients come back for touch ups every 2 to 3 weeks. For a very full look, Clients may come in on a weekly basis.
Lash Care- Do not get your eyelash extensions wet for 24 hours after the application.
- Avoid swimming, steam rooms, saunas or extreme heat for the first 48 hours after application.
- Do not use oil based make products including remover. Use products of non-oily to remove eye makeup.
- Avoid running water directly on your lashes.
- Avoid rubbing or scratching your eyes it may causes your natural lashes fall off.
- Using mascara on eyelash extensions is not recommended.
- Do not use lash curler.
- Do not pull on your lashes this causes your natural lashes to come out prematurely.
- Avoid using cotton balls.
- Use rain coat for eyelash extension to keep it in good condition.
- Use lashes tonic to help your natural lashes grow strong and healthy.
- Maintain your lash extensions with regular touch up appointments, please schedule in advance as availability can be limited.